Projects

Tintin 2013

This project was developed to demonstrate the stability of the Tintin rocket drawn by Hergé.We wanted to know if it was really able to fly.

The first part was to demonstrate the stability using mathematics and physics only and predict its trajectory.
Next we tried to build a rocket which respect as mush as possible the drawing of the Tintin rocketry : the body was made using fiber glass to keep the possibility of setting up a telemetry, and we removed every light and switch from the body to keep a clean surface. It was made possible by using an iPad as a wireless controlling device to configure every parameters and keep an eye on the status of every sensors in the rocket during the flight.

The launch was a success and the rocket managed to open a parachute at the top of the trajectory to keep everything from crashing.

UAV Paraglider

This project was about making an autonomous paraglider to demonstrate the possibility of a high-efficient flight without using any powerful motor to run it.

The first part was about building a wireless Inertial Measuring Unit placed on the wing to know every movements with a minimum reaction time.

Then the main core of the autopilot was entirely made by myself from the hardware to the software to guide the system using GPS, pressure, the IMU and an ultrasonic sensor.

I also made a telemetry and radiocontrol system using a 3D visualisation with google earth service to control the status and have the possibility to take a manual control on the system.

The autonomous paraglider was successfully tested in June 2012 dropped by a real paraglider from the altitude of 400m.

Sparkling Violin

This project was made in collaboration with Dan Baczynski, a student in the french school of Desgin : Ecole de Design Nantes Atlantique.

It was based on an electronic violin connected to an arduino, the arnuino was performing real-time fourrier transform to determine the note, amplitude and deduce the string used to play.

Then the arduino was controlling 59 LEDs in ten columns (2 for each string) fixed on a wall in a corridor and one column on the floor for the beat.

The aim of this project was to create synchronised animation to fill the space around the music.

Mercury Project

This rocket was made in the Club Eureka+, and was designed to deduce its friction components during the flight.

The propeller was gave to us by the CNES and we managed to mount it on a spring to measure trust in realtime and other inertial sensors like gyroscope and accelerometers where included.

The rocket was able to save every data on an SD card and in the same time transmit them to the floor in case of a crash.

The rocket then opened a parachute to slow the descent and we were able to retrieve it in good shape.

Wii Limit

This project was about hacking a game controller to add some functions, a time limiting system for parents who want to control their children game time.

The project was rewarded by the french magazine "Science et vie Junior" in 2009.

I have also patented the concept and managed to sign a contract with the european company "Big Ben Interractive" and the product is today available to purchase on Amazon and Fnac.

Visiocolle

This iPhone app was developed during my scholarship to let people access the online grade service used by our college to obtain every result of the year.

It was able to show the rank, average, minimum and maximum per subjects and uses the push notification service to alert you when your teacher entered a new grade.

I developed this application using my knowledges of objective-C, php, html and mySql. This app was downloaded hundreds of time by students in France.

Spider Project

This Rocket was made in the club Eureka+ when I was 16.

It was able to deploy a paraglider just after a parachute needed for the stabilisation of the rocket.

It was then using a GPS and other inertial sensors to guide the rocket during the descent and go back to the starting point.

Trajectory Calculator

This Software was developed the same year of the spider project to let me compute the rocket trajectory and visualise it in 3D using the open software Blender.

This project was made as part of my French Baccalaureat (A-level in Mathematics and Physics) and I managed to have the best grade for this test.

Pocket Projector

This project was made when I was 14 during a 1 week internship at the Institut d'Optique.

The Idea was to make a pocket projector using LED and an LCD screen to let us take it anywhere and have a reduced power consumption.

I was able to make a device with the dimension 15*5*5cm projecting a screen with a 1m diagonale in a black room.

Resume

Contact

Please type your message in the field below :